I figured the issues surrounding Google right now, and the problem with the site: operator where publicised enough not to warrant me reiterating the problems. Right now it doesn't seem like anyone knows what's going on with this chaos. Matt Cutts says there's not a problem, yet a lot of people seem to be having problems. I've had redesigns of sites go live and their rankings disappear, I've had another site, with a hypen in the domain, drop 2000+ pages to just 2 and now 1 page, I've had clients asking why their new pages aren't being indexed. So in my opinion there's still a big problem going on.
However today I came across a bizarre issue. I know the site: operator isn't working too well on hyphenated domains or domains with a trailing forwardslash. However I've recently moved my osCommerce Templates site to my UK hosting server to get it into the localised results for the UK too. Today I thought I'd check in Google UK for the site, to see if it was indexed. The first page showed up. So I clicked the "Find web pages from the site www.oscommercetemplates.net" and the result was
Your search – site:www.oscommercetemplates.net – did not match any documents.
That's strange, as I just found the domain in the UK search results!