My First DSLR Photos

Finally took a couple of hours to ourselves yesterday and took a walk up the hill behind where we live to where there is an Observatory, Windmill and views of Liverpool. Liverpool was a bit too far away for my basic lens plus the weather was very overcast, however I’m happy with a few of my shots which you can find on my Flickr album.

1. Bobzilla says:

Just took a look at your photos and I’ve been trying to find the name of those jaggy yellow flowers as well! They are all over the shop up here in Scotland 🙂

2. ses5909 says:

Oooooh, the park bench is my favorite. I love taking shots like that.

You should check out some of the photo challenges we have over at SP:

There is no prize, its just fun to do!

You got much better colour in yours Bob. They were everywhere yesterday and just wouldn’t sit still for me to photo them!

Sara, I didn’t realise there was a photography forum on SitePoint. Looks like I have plenty of threads to look through! I liked the park bench too, probably because it didn’t require much patience and the weather didn’t affect it too much unlike all the other pics!

4. Bobzilla says:

I took that photo on my old digital compact and it has an option to increase the saturation on all the photos it takes. I think it calls it ‘vivid’ or something but it’s easy enough to replicate in photoshop or GIMP. To be honest when you desature mine until it looks normal it’s nowhere near as good a photo sadly 🙁

5. Jalaj says:

Wow! The park bench photograph is really a clever one! Great!

Bob, the various settings can make a washed out photo look so much better. I’m still working out which to use, but photoshop is easy enough to use for a bit of post processing. I may start cleaning up and improving photos and adding those too, but I also prefer to try and take good shots with out the need for post processing. I may have vivid colour as a setting so will have to look for that!

Jalaj, cheers 🙂

7. Frank says:

Love the bench photo too, but the windmill is also very nice. Never been to Liverpool, although I’m a big fan of the football team (Liverpool, not Everton). 🙂